Sunday, May 16, 2010

Center of Attention

Do I love you? Or love what you do for me? Thanks Toyota, a metaphor for life should always be catchy, easily remembered and pulled up to quip pithy wisdom at intellectuals while you’re drinking crappy coffee from the evil empire. Autonomy is so much easier. This constant weighing of good vs evil is exhausting and over wrought. Things would be easier if I were some store bought drone, wind me up, send me out the door. Hello I’m on auto pilot. Boring. Ticky Tacky. Is autonomy really autonomious? Free will, pays the bills, but it leaves me grasping and red eyed. My brain hurts. My heart hurts and that rhymes with brawtwurst. Who couldn’t go for a sausage right now? That’ what she said. Wait. Shouldn’t this poem be about world peace? Or is it just about my world in pieces? If the world isn’t round how is it going to revolve around me? I recycle. Save the animals. The stupid squirrels are dying off. You could learn a lot from a dummy. Maybe you should just try a little harder. I’m the apple of my own eye. I’m just trying to get my stride right, fall into step, without tripping or running any stop signs. Sorry pedestrians. I’m well intentioned. I want a cause that’s not about me. I hate it that people are hungry. I’d like to teach the world to sing, but then I want to make them dinner. Only you can prevent forest fires, so I suggest you start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment