Saturday, May 22, 2010

Everyone has a fishing boat

Everyone in PDX has a fishing boat. and you're not cool unless you do. it's like that scene in Billy Madison where the kid pees his pants.  Peeing your pants is the coolest, you're not cool unless you pee your pants.  Nobody just is.  It's like everyone is sunbathing for skin cancer.  perverts for peace. etc.. etc... I don't think it's bad, but I do think it's interesting.  Working down town I get pan handled roughly 1 million times a day. it hurts my heart, that people are hungry and don't have enough. it's overwhelming. I always wants to do something, but honestly half the time end up feeling like I gave at the office.  Sometimes when I come home from work,  I don't want to be sad or stressed anymore, I already did that today.  It's been weighing me down a little. I have such an emotional response to this yet  not really a clear vision of what my role is in it.  I hear so many people talking about events that they're organizing, things they're doing etc... I love that my friends have a heart for people.  i'm glad they're not all bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. that would be pretty depressing. But what kind of kicks ass about this, is that I realized what my role is. So the next time you're out Hunting for Hepatitis I could be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment