Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Sky is falling.

Another day, another dollar, another death threat.
I’m exhausted from pondering, love, God and a good sex life.
Why my day goes to shit when I have a bad hair day.
Am I really that vain? Yep. Really I am.
Sorry world peace, my hair is more important.
World peace is such a bitch. I hate it when my shit isn’t as
Important as the local headlines.
Is it so wrong to want to bring peace to my world?
Doesn’t it all start with me?
An army of 1.
I wage war against myself
And there is no body to maintain the peace keeping efforts.
We’re a land of beatniks, free love and self actuliaztion.
That’s what got us into this trouble to begin with.
Love the one your with, until you realize they don’t love you back.
I didn’t see that one coming. Again.
I hate it when attraction outweighs good intentions
It would be nice if synergy was real.
And everyone would work together for one cause.
Like keeping me from dating another musician?
But no. My angst takes back burner to
Dirty water, AIDS and assholes.
Sorry broken hearts and hurting people of the world
Didn’t you realize I was busy over analyzing life?


1 comment:

  1. can i join you on this beatnik journey? if we never realize who we are and what role we play, how can we ever make a difference? and if we don't care about the details of our own lives, how can we can about someone else? (not in seeking any sort of selfish ambition, but just in getting things right with ourself.)

    ReplyDelete